Fireworks cause of devastating house fire on Sewall’s Point

 

  The house fire at 1 Island Road was fully engulfed.(Source: MCSO)

From MCSO: Martin County Sheriff’s Deputies, Sewall’s Point Police, and the Stuart Fire Department worked to assist Martin County Fire Rescue with a July 5th early morning house fire in the town of Sewall’s Point.

The call came in around 1:33 a.m. from a fisherman who said he could see a large blaze coming from the Sewall’s Point area. The house fire, at 1 Island Road was fully engulfed. Emergency response workers determined no one was inside at the time.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office does not determine origins, or causes of fires, however, local fire officials have reported that this fire was caused by consumer grade fireworks. The home was a total loss. Fortunately, no one was inside, and there were no injuries reported as a result.

The Martin County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind everyone again about the dangers of fireworks near residential or wooded areas. This is a terrible example of what can happen.

The state fire marshal is handling this investigation and will make any determination on charges.

Related posts:


Comments are closed.